David B. Higgins
Mr. Higgins was a founding member of the firm, and is now retired. Mr. Higgins' legal career had a focus on complex civil litigation with an emphasis on construction litigation, insurance coverage litigation and ski area defense. During his career, he tried cases in numerous state and federal courts and has handled appeals before the Colorado Court of Appeals, the Colorado Supreme Court and the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals. He also lectured and taught on a variety of subjects, including trial tactics, construction law and practice, and ski area liability matters. He is rated AV by Martindale-Hubbell.
- The Impact of Sopris Lodging v. Schofield Excavation on Timeliness of Colorado Construction Defect Claims23 January 2017, 10:07 am
- Colorado Court of Appeals Defines “Substantial Completion” for Subcontractors’ Work so as to Shorten the Period of Time in Which They Can Be Sued10 October 2016, 12:44 pm
- Higgins, Hopkins, McLain & Roswell is looking for the next great associate attorney to add to our growing litigation team.22 September 2016, 10:52 am
- David M. McLain to Speak at the CLM Claims College - School of Construction - Scholarships Available23 July 2016, 2:59 pm
- Colorado Supreme Court Grants the Petition for Writ of Certiorari in Vallagio v. Metropolitan Homes20 June 2016, 10:53 am