David B. Higgins
Mr. Higgins was a founding member of the firm, and is now retired. Mr. Higgins' legal career had a focus on complex civil litigation with an emphasis on construction litigation, insurance coverage litigation and ski area defense. During his career, he tried cases in numerous state and federal courts and has handled appeals before the Colorado Court of Appeals, the Colorado Supreme Court and the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals. He also lectured and taught on a variety of subjects, including trial tactics, construction law and practice, and ski area liability matters. He is rated AV by Martindale-Hubbell.
- Colorado Homebuyers Must be in Privity of Contract with Developer to Assert Breach of Implied Warranty of Suitability.21 April 2017, 12:16 pm
- David M. McLain to Speak at the CLM Claims College - School of Construction - Scholarships Available30 March 2017, 9:30 am
- Colorado House Bill 17-1279 – A Misguided Attempt at Construction Defect Reform27 March 2017, 10:00 am
- Homeowner Protection Act of 2007 Not Just for Individual Homeowners Anymore?22 March 2017, 9:53 am
- Colorado Supreme Court Weighs in on Timeliness of Claims Against Subcontractors in Construction Defect Actions14 March 2017, 2:43 pm