Mr. Hopkins was a founding member of the firm, and is now retired. For nearly thirty years, Mr. Hopkins concentrated his practice in civil litigation, with emphasis on the defense of claims regarding general casualty, construction defects, ski area liability, attorney malpractice and commercial litigation. Mr. Hopkins is designated AV by Martindale-Hubbell, the highest possible rating. During his career, he taught and lectured in trial tactics, counseling and interviewing, and negotiation strategy at the University Of Denver College Of Law.
- The Impact of Sopris Lodging v. Schofield Excavation on Timeliness of Colorado Construction Defect Claims23 January 2017, 10:07 am
- Colorado Court of Appeals Defines “Substantial Completion” for Subcontractors’ Work so as to Shorten the Period of Time in Which They Can Be Sued10 October 2016, 12:44 pm
- Higgins, Hopkins, McLain & Roswell is looking for the next great associate attorney to add to our growing litigation team.22 September 2016, 10:52 am
- David M. McLain to Speak at the CLM Claims College - School of Construction - Scholarships Available23 July 2016, 2:59 pm
- Colorado Supreme Court Grants the Petition for Writ of Certiorari in Vallagio v. Metropolitan Homes20 June 2016, 10:53 am