Sheri H. Roswell
Ms. Roswell is a founding member of Higgins, Hopkins, McLain & Roswell, LLC. For twenty years Ms. Roswell’s practice has focused on civil defense litigation with an emphasis on the defense of complex construction defect lawsuits on behalf of developers, general contractors, and other construction professionals. Ms. Roswell’s practice also frequently includes providing consulting and risk management services to clients and their insurance carrier representatives in a wide range of claims, from premises liability to business security. Ms. Roswell's construction clientele includes a variety of residential and commercial construction professionals, from Fortune 500 companies to single contractor entities. Ms. Roswell received her undergraduate education at the University of Colorado, School of Business in Boulder, Colorado and her Juris Doctorate from the University of Denver, College of Law.
Ms. Roswell speaks locally and nationally on topics pertinent to the construction industry; lecturing to attorneys, construction professionals, and insurance organizations. Ms. Roswell is an AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated attorney by Martindale-Hubbell.
Higgins, Hopkins, McLain & Roswell, L.L.C. - Founding Member
Long & Jaudon, P.C - Partner
1991 - 2001
- Colorado Supreme Court, 1991
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado, 1991
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit, 1991
Professional activities: (some positions not currently held)
- Member, Colorado Bar Association
- Member, Denver Bar Association
- Member, Homebuilders Association of Metropolitan Denver
- Member/Lecturer, National Conference on Construction Defect Litigation
- Nominated Member, Claims & Litigation Management Alliance, 2011 - Present
- Professional Member, Colorado Claims Association, 2011 - 2012
- Associate Member, Colorado Association of Home Builders, 2010 - Present
- Member, Colorado Defense Lawyers Association, 2010 - Present
- Section Member, Construction Section-ABA, 2010 - Present
- Section Member, Law Practice Management-ABA, 2010 - Present
- Associate Member, Association of General Contractors, 2009 - Present
- Section Member, General Practice Section, Small Firms, 2009 - Present
- Executive Council, Colorado Bar Association Solo and Small Firms 2011 - 2012
- Volunteer, Habitat for Humanity, 2008
- Graduate, National Institute for Trial Advocacy, Rocky Mountain Deposition Program: Taking and Defending Depositions, Denver, Colorado 1995
- Juris Doctor, University of Denver College of Law, 1991
American Jurisprudence Award, Real Estate Transactions and Finance
Bachelor of Arts, Business (Marketing and Finance), University of Colorado, 1987
Honors & Awards:
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Top Rated Lawyer 2013, American Lawyer Media
- US Top Ranked Law Firms 2013, Fortune
- Bar Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers 2013, Martindale-Hubbell
Outstanding Women in Business nominee 2009, Denver Business Journal
- Sheri H. Roswell, Colorado Construction Defect Overview, COLORADO CONSTRUCTION DEFECT OVERVIEW, (2007)
- David M. McLain & Sheri H. Roswell eds., Construction Litigation Desk Reference: A State-By-State Compendium (Colorado Chapter), DRI, THE VOICE OF THE DEFENSE BAR (2010)
- MC Consultants' 18th Annual Construction Defect Seminar, 2012
"Trends in Risk Management - Rocky Mountain Construction Issues"
- West Coast Casualty Construction Defect Seminar, 2010
"Construction Defect - Standing...Who Really Has the Right to Bring an Action in CD Cases?"
- Home Builders Association - Builder Breakfast, 2009
"Recent Construction-Related Legislation"
- West Coast Casualty Construction Defect Seminar, 2008
"The Rest of the West: The Five Things You Need to Know"
- MC Consultants' 14th Annual Conference - West Region Construction Defect and Law Conference, 2008
"Coverage and Recent Trends"
- CPCU i Legal Day, 2007
"Construction Defect Litigation"
- Home Builders' Association of Metro Denver - Quality Construction Certification, 2006
- Construction Defect Litigation Conference, 1999
"Allocating Liability Between Plaintiffs, Developers and Subcontractors"
- Legal Presentation, 1998
"Anatomy of a Lawsuit"
- Stiff v. Bilden Homes, Inc., 88 P.3d 639 (Colorado Court of Appeals 2003).
- Mr. David McLain to speak at the 2015 Claims College – School of Construction.14 August 2015, 9:57 am
- Commerce City Enacts Reform to Increase For-Sale Multifamily Housing.12 August 2015, 5:50 pm
- The Vallagio HOA Appeals the Decision from the Colorado Court of Appeals.2 July 2015, 9:30 am
- Vallagio v. Metropolitan Homes: The Colorado Court of Appeals' Decision Protecting a Declarant’s Right to Arbitration in Construction Defect Cases13 May 2015, 6:20 pm
- House Committee Kills Colorado's 2015 Attainable Housing Bill28 April 2015, 11:24 am