Sheri H. Roswell
Ms. Roswell is a founding member of Higgins, Hopkins, McLain & Roswell, LLC. For twenty years Ms. Roswell’s practice has focused on civil defense litigation with an emphasis on the defense of complex construction defect lawsuits on behalf of developers, general contractors, and other construction professionals. Ms. Roswell’s practice also frequently includes providing consulting and risk management services to clients and their insurance carrier representatives in a wide range of claims, from premises liability to business security. Ms. Roswell's construction clientele includes a variety of residential and commercial construction professionals, from Fortune 500 companies to single contractor entities. Ms. Roswell received her undergraduate education at the University of Colorado, School of Business in Boulder, Colorado and her Juris Doctorate from the University of Denver, College of Law.
Ms. Roswell speaks locally and nationally on topics pertinent to the construction industry; lecturing to attorneys, construction professionals, and insurance organizations. Ms. Roswell is an AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated attorney by Martindale-Hubbell.
Higgins, Hopkins, McLain & Roswell, L.L.C. - Founding Member
Long & Jaudon, P.C - Partner
1991 - 2001
- Colorado Supreme Court, 1991
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado, 1991
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit, 1991
Professional activities: (some positions not currently held)
- Member, Colorado Bar Association
- Member, Denver Bar Association
- Member, Homebuilders Association of Metropolitan Denver
- Member/Lecturer, National Conference on Construction Defect Litigation
- Nominated Member, Claims & Litigation Management Alliance, 2011 - Present
- Professional Member, Colorado Claims Association, 2011 - 2012
- Associate Member, Colorado Association of Home Builders, 2010 - Present
- Member, Colorado Defense Lawyers Association, 2010 - Present
- Section Member, Construction Section-ABA, 2010 - Present
- Section Member, Law Practice Management-ABA, 2010 - Present
- Associate Member, Association of General Contractors, 2009 - Present
- Section Member, General Practice Section, Small Firms, 2009 - Present
- Executive Council, Colorado Bar Association Solo and Small Firms 2011 - 2012
- Volunteer, Habitat for Humanity, 2008
- Graduate, National Institute for Trial Advocacy, Rocky Mountain Deposition Program: Taking and Defending Depositions, Denver, Colorado 1995
- Juris Doctor, University of Denver College of Law, 1991
American Jurisprudence Award, Real Estate Transactions and Finance
Bachelor of Arts, Business (Marketing and Finance), University of Colorado, 1987
Honors & Awards:
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Top Rated Lawyer 2013, American Lawyer Media
- US Top Ranked Law Firms 2013, Fortune
- Bar Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers 2013, Martindale-Hubbell
Outstanding Women in Business nominee 2009, Denver Business Journal
- Sheri H. Roswell, Colorado Construction Defect Overview, COLORADO CONSTRUCTION DEFECT OVERVIEW, (2007)
- David M. McLain & Sheri H. Roswell eds., Construction Litigation Desk Reference: A State-By-State Compendium (Colorado Chapter), DRI, THE VOICE OF THE DEFENSE BAR (2010)
- MC Consultants' 18th Annual Construction Defect Seminar, 2012
"Trends in Risk Management - Rocky Mountain Construction Issues"
- West Coast Casualty Construction Defect Seminar, 2010
"Construction Defect - Standing...Who Really Has the Right to Bring an Action in CD Cases?"
- Home Builders Association - Builder Breakfast, 2009
"Recent Construction-Related Legislation"
- West Coast Casualty Construction Defect Seminar, 2008
"The Rest of the West: The Five Things You Need to Know"
- MC Consultants' 14th Annual Conference - West Region Construction Defect and Law Conference, 2008
"Coverage and Recent Trends"
- CPCU i Legal Day, 2007
"Construction Defect Litigation"
- Home Builders' Association of Metro Denver - Quality Construction Certification, 2006
- Construction Defect Litigation Conference, 1999
"Allocating Liability Between Plaintiffs, Developers and Subcontractors"
- Legal Presentation, 1998
"Anatomy of a Lawsuit"
- Stiff v. Bilden Homes, Inc., 88 P.3d 639 (Colorado Court of Appeals 2003).
- Colorado Court of Appeals Defines “Substantial Completion” for Subcontractors’ Work so as to Shorten the Period of Time in Which They Can Be Sued10 October 2016, 12:44 pm
- Higgins, Hopkins, McLain & Roswell is looking for the next great associate attorney to add to our growing litigation team.22 September 2016, 10:52 am
- David M. McLain to Speak at the CLM Claims College - School of Construction - Scholarships Available23 July 2016, 2:59 pm
- Colorado Supreme Court Grants the Petition for Writ of Certiorari in Vallagio v. Metropolitan Homes20 June 2016, 10:53 am
- Dave McLain to Present at an Upcoming Lunch & Learn Event on the State of the State's Construction Industry24 May 2016, 4:25 pm