Derek J. Lindenschmidt
Derek Lindenschmidt represents construction professionals in a wide variety of non-litigated and litigated matters, including contract drafting and review, risk management, insurance, payment disputes, mechanic's liens, and the defense of developers, general contractors, and builder/vendors in complex construction litigation. Derek has extensive experience resolving construction disputes through negotiation, mediation, and arbitration. Derek is an AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated attorney by Martindale-Hubbell and was named the 2012 Barrister's Best Construction Defects Lawyer for the Defense by Law Week Colorado. Derek has been recognized annually as a Colorado Rising Star in construction litigation by Super Lawyers magazine since 2010. Prior to joining the firm, Derek practiced law in Charleston, South Carolina, where he represented developers, general contractors, subcontractors, and homeowners in various types of construction-related matters.
Higgins, Hopkins, McLain & Roswell, L.L.C. - Partner
The Qualey & Beck Law Firm, L.L.C. – Associate
- Colorado Supreme Court, 2004
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado, 2004
Professional activities: (some positions not currently held)
- Member, Colorado Bar Association
- Juris Doctor, University of Denver College of Law, 2003
- Bachelor of Arts, Economics, Indiana University, 1999
Honors & Awards:
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
- Named Barrister’s Best 2012 Construction Defects Lawyer for the Defense by Law Week Colorado.
- Selected for inclusion in the 2010 - 2013 Colorado Rising Stars for construction litigation and construction/surety law by Law & Politics Magazine.
- David M. McLain, Esq. to Speak at the 2014 CLM Claims College12 August 2014, 11:38 am
- When Can a General Contractor’s Knowledge be Imputed to a Developer?31 July 2014, 3:53 pm
- Taylor Morrison v. Terracon and the Homeowner Protection Act of 200710 June 2014, 10:00 am
- Builder’s Be Wary of Insurance Policies that Provide No Coverage for Building: Mt. Hawley Ins. Co v. Creek Side at Parker HOA30 April 2014, 1:05 pm
- Introduction of the Construction Defects Bill Has Been Stalled! Call or Email Senate & House Leadership Today!17 April 2014, 10:45 pm