Derek J. Lindenschmidt
Derek Lindenschmidt represents construction professionals in a wide variety of non-litigated and litigated matters, including contract drafting and review, risk management, insurance, payment disputes, mechanic's liens, and the defense of developers, general contractors, and builder/vendors in complex construction litigation. Derek has extensive experience resolving construction disputes through negotiation, mediation, and arbitration. Derek is an AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated attorney by Martindale-Hubbell and was named the 2012 Barrister's Best Construction Defects Lawyer for the Defense by Law Week Colorado. Derek has been recognized annually as a Colorado Rising Star in construction litigation by Super Lawyers magazine since 2010. Prior to joining the firm, Derek practiced law in Charleston, South Carolina, where he represented developers, general contractors, subcontractors, and homeowners in various types of construction-related matters.
Higgins, Hopkins, McLain & Roswell, L.L.C. - Partner
The Qualey & Beck Law Firm, L.L.C. – Associate
- Colorado Supreme Court, 2004
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado, 2004
Professional activities: (some positions not currently held)
- Member, Colorado Bar Association
- Juris Doctor, University of Denver College of Law, 2003
- Bachelor of Arts, Economics, Indiana University, 1999
Honors & Awards:
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
- Named Barrister’s Best 2012 Construction Defects Lawyer for the Defense by Law Week Colorado.
- Selected for inclusion in the 2010 - 2013 Colorado Rising Stars for construction litigation and construction/surety law by Law & Politics Magazine.
- Colorado SB 15-177 UPDATE: Senate Business, Labor, & Technology Committee Refers Construction Defect Reform Bill to Full Senate31 March 2015, 9:44 am
- Press Release From the Colorado State Senate Regarding Senate Bill 91's Passage Out of Committee19 March 2015, 10:28 am
- Senate Bill 15-091 Passes Out of the Senate State, Veterans & Military Affairs Committee17 March 2015, 2:34 pm
- The First Hearing on SB 177 Has Been Scheduled - Call to Action!13 March 2015, 10:47 am
- Another Municipality Takes Action to Address the Lack of Condominiums Being Built in its Jurisdiction9 March 2015, 12:00 pm