Derek J. Lindenschmidt
Derek Lindenschmidt represents construction professionals in a wide variety of non-litigated and litigated matters, including contract drafting and review, risk management, insurance, payment disputes, mechanic's liens, and the defense of developers, general contractors, and builder/vendors in complex construction litigation. Derek has extensive experience resolving construction disputes through negotiation, mediation, and arbitration. Derek is an AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated attorney by Martindale-Hubbell and was named the 2012 Barrister's Best Construction Defects Lawyer for the Defense by Law Week Colorado. Derek has been recognized annually as a Colorado Rising Star in construction litigation by Super Lawyers magazine since 2010. Prior to joining the firm, Derek practiced law in Charleston, South Carolina, where he represented developers, general contractors, subcontractors, and homeowners in various types of construction-related matters.
Higgins, Hopkins, McLain & Roswell, L.L.C. - Partner
The Qualey & Beck Law Firm, L.L.C. – Associate
- Colorado Supreme Court, 2004
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado, 2004
Professional activities: (some positions not currently held)
- Member, Colorado Bar Association
- Juris Doctor, University of Denver College of Law, 2003
- Bachelor of Arts, Economics, Indiana University, 1999
Honors & Awards:
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
- Named Barrister’s Best 2012 Construction Defects Lawyer for the Defense by Law Week Colorado.
- Selected for inclusion in the 2010 - 2013 Colorado Rising Stars for construction litigation and construction/surety law by Law & Politics Magazine.
- Become Familiar With Your CGL Policy Exclusions to Ensure You Are Covered: Wardcraft v. EMC.3 December 2014, 12:30 pm
- Colorado Defense Lawyers Association to Host a Construction Defect Reform Legislative Preview on December 10th30 November 2014, 2:40 pm
- Preparing for the 2015 Colorado Legislative Session21 November 2014, 12:00 pm
- KF-103 v. American Family Mutual Insurance: An Exception to the Four Corners Rule27 October 2014, 12:22 pm
- HHMR Attorneys to Present at an Upcoming CRG Builder Lunch & Learn - Reserve Your Seat Now16 October 2014, 10:04 am